Confessional Worldview Seminar

The official blog for the 2006 Confessional Worldview Seminar held at King of Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church in Golden Valley, Minnesota.

Paul at Mars Hill

Friday, August 25, 2006

Overview of the 2006 Confessional Worldview Seminar

Eternal life is free for us, but it cost God's Son His life. Faith takes hold of it. But Satan and the world want to steal it. They do so by undermining Christ and His Word. They do so by false ways of thinking and living - what Paul calls "hollow and deceptive philosophies" or worldviews.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." Colossians 2:8

There are many popular worldviews in conflict with Christianity. Some are obvious, some are not. But they all whittle away at faith if not resisted.

This 3-day Worldview Seminar is designed to compare the truth of God's Word - the Christian Worldview - with conflicting worldviews. The seminar will equip Christians to identify more easily the false from the true so they can in turn guard their faith and help others guard theirs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theresa,

I'm interested in coming to at least some of the conference, but I'm not really in a good position to pay right now (I'm just getting back on my feet again after treatment). The food really isn't a problem as I could easily bag a lunch.

Right now I've been praying about God's call on my life and considering seminary. I grew up in the ELCA, but I'm intrigued by this "confessional worldview" of which you speak.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home